Monday, March 19, 2012

Red Show Jackson Michigan

Saturday, March 17, I dropped off an oil pastel painting to the Red Show at Art 634 in Jackson Michigan. I'd left the phone number for the director at work in the email she sent me. I'd forgotten to forward it to myself at home. I was supposed to call her before I dropped my work off to let her know when I'd be by. One of the doors to the Red Show gallery stood open. Several other pieces of artwork were on a table near the center of the room. I placed my 11"x14" piece of art on the table too and hoped the director would find it soon. It was a beautiful day Saturday. I sat outside and waited for her to come by. She did not. But at least I dropped off my work. The Red Show to benefit the Jackson branch of the American Red Cross opens this Thursday at 7 p.m. and runs through Saturday 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hopefully this piece will sell. I found out later that day that my two pieces did not make it into the art show at Northville Art House in Northville Michigan. It has been two years since I was brave enough to submit anything into an Ann Arbor Women Artists show...just have to buck it up and watch for other shows in which to sumbit my work whether or not they are accepted or anything sells. :) Bittersweetness, but I'm not colasping, not this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment