Friday, January 1, 2010

New Art Year 2010

Okay, so I promised myself I wouldn't make any New Year's resolutions...but I just cannot help it. I have some thoughts about CHANGES and ACCOMPLISHMENTS I'd like to make in 2010, but these are not resolutions. Repeat, these are not resolutions.

So my accomplishment goals for this year are:

--create more varied artwork I enjoy working in oil painting and oil pastels, but it's time to branch out. I want to take some classes to learn new techniques. This will have to be discovered as I go because area art groups don't always list their offerings.

--get into a gallery I started to look into this back in October. One such gallery was in Chelsea. I looked for information about how to submit work to this gallery, but there wasn't any on the web. So I paid a visit to the owner to ask how to submit my work. He said he wasn't taking on any new artists at this time because he may not be here come the end of December. Now that it is January maybe I should pay him another visit to find out how it is going. How sad. That place was one of my favorite galleries and my work would have fit in with his eclectic theme.

--Sell Art This one is ongoing and a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment